Credentialed Delegate Process
The credentialing process for voting delegates to the Business Session is described in Article II of the EFCA Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws and provides information about the number of delegates to which each church is entitled.
Church delegates are appointed by each EFCA church. In order to expedite the credentialing approval process, please have a church official (pastor, elder or staff person) send names of appointed church delegates and church names and city/state to email@example.com. Credentialing approvals must be completed by 5:00 p.m. CDT on Friday, June 9, 2023.
If you have questions related the credentialing process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 745-2202.
EXCERPT FROM EFCA ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION AND BYLAWS, ARTICLE II:
- Composition. The following persons shall be voting members of the Conference, provided in each case that that person is a member in good standing of an Evangelical Free church:
- Delegates appointed by each Evangelical Free church, consisting of two delegates for the first one hundred (or fraction of one hundred) members of that church plus one additional delegate for each additional one hundred (or fraction of one hundred) members of that church.
- The senior pastor of each Evangelical Free church, or, in the case of an Evangelical Free church without a senior pastor or whose senior pastor does not attend the Conference, another pastor on the pastoral staff of that church designated by that church.
- Members in good standing of the Ministerial Association of the EFCA.
- Missionaries commissioned by the EFCA, church planters approved by the EFCA, either directly or through a district, and chaplains who have EFCA ministerial credentials and are endorsed by the EFCA.
- Members of the General Board.
- Members of the faculties of Trinity International University who have been granted tenure by the EFCA.
2. Duration. Members of the Conference shall retain their membership in the Conference from one Conference to the convening of the next Conference.
The Evangelical Free Church of America Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws
Amended June 19, 2019